I know I was going to be better at blogging, but that clearly didn't happen. But that also means I get to do a quick update post which are kind of fun, right? Let's start with the most recent stuff and work our way back, just to switch it up.
Clark and I are living in NYC now! Our neighborhood is called "Hell's Kitchen", and it's a super fun area with tons of great places to eat. We are just a couple blocks from Time's Square, so it's always busy. Clark has pretty crazy hours at Credit Suisse so I spend the majority of each day exploring with the girls. We have had so much fun seeing all there is to see and trying everything we can! DISCLAIMER: please forgive my hair in these pictures. I have no idea what to do with my curly mop in this humidity!
Our Apartment!
Yesterday we explored the MOMA on their free day! It was so much fun, and there were a MILLION famous paintings. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the "Rain Room" exhibit, but we are definitely going to try again next week.
Lane and I admiring "Christina's World" by Andrew Wyeth
"The Sleeping Gypsy" by Henri Rousseau
"The Red Studio" by Henri Matisse
Vincent van Gogh's "Starry Night". GORGEOUS!
Pablo Picasso's "Three Musicians" - sorry for the weird angle, it was crowded!
 |
| Paul Cezanne |
Monet!
 |
| Lane, me, Camille, and Liz |
 |
| Monet's Waterlilies. It was enormous! |
 |
| Mark Rothko |
 |
| Jasper Johns |
 |
| Forgive my stupid pose.. I don't know what I was doing. |
 |
| Andy Warhol |
 |
| Jackson Polluck |
One of my favorite Paul Klee paintings! My absolute favorite Paul Klee is in the Guggenheim Museum which I will definitely visit in the near future.
My third or 4th day in NY we went to Rockaway beach to escape the crazy heat! It was so beautiful. The beach was pretty empty too, and listening to the waves was so relaxing. I happened to fall asleep and when I woke up I looked like the Coppertone baby... it was pretty intense! Clark gasped when he saw my burn because in his words "it looked like I drew a red line on your back". Moral of the story- put sunscreen on your back even when you think your swimsuit covers it. Once we returned from our relaxing afternoon at the beach we hopped in line for Shakespeare in the Park's "Comedy of Errors". We had a great time waiting in the rain as we played Bananagrams and an iPhone version of the "Headbandz" game. It was great. And we all got in!
 |
| Camille, Whitney, Emily, Jani, and I waiting in the rain for Shakespeare in the Park! |
 |
| Comedy of Errors was so wonderful! |
On my second day out in the city we went to see the Brooklyn Botanical gardens, which are free every Tuesday. They were lovely, and we had a great time even though it was 90% humidity (as my hair clearly indicates). Then we went to the Natural History Museum. It was so cool! I'll need a couple more trips to see the whole thing, but we saw quite a bit. And we even saw a few familiar faces from "Night at the Museum".
 |
| Whitney, Camille, and I |
 |
| Totally loved the dinosaurs. This is one of my favorites. |
 |
| Please ignore the fact this picture is so blurry. Some people just really don't know how to use a camera. But the T-rex fingers were too good to go undocumented. |
 |
| Cookies from Levain's. Delicous! |
 |
| Liz and I enjoying some tasty macaroons on my first day in the city |
So that's what we've been up to most recently. I promise I'll do another post soon to give you the scoop on our winter semester at BYU, Brittany's wedding, fun trips to CA to see family, and our anniversary weekend! I might even throw in a post about our wedding day (it's only been a year...). For now, enjoy the pictures of NY. We love it here!!
 |
| At the Lincoln Center/Josie Robert's Plaza |
So. Much. Fun! I got to check out NYC while my husband was at a conference a number of years ago. I only had three days but I loved every minute of it. I'm so glad you have this summer to enjoy an amazing city.
ReplyDeleteThanks Patti! We're having a blast out here :)
Delete