^Bowling Date night! So fun!^
^Kaytee and I at the Vintage White's market in SLC!^
^They had all sorts of cute vintage items at the market. I was in heaven!^
^And how cute are these prints?^
^We had a "sweet" time at this "rad" market ^
^Then I met up with Clark and Emy to cheer on BYU Rugby. We totally dominated St. Mary's (#1 team)! Go Cougs!^
^ I made a super tasty shrimp pasta the other night... Super simple recipe below^
Shrimp Pasta
Ingredients
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, shell removed
- ¾ lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, or ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon hot chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, or 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup white cooking wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan to serve
- Put the tomatoes, onion, chili flakes, basil, garlic and butter in a heavy pan , season with pepper.
- Add the cooking wine and simmer over med/high heat until mixture is soft and most of the cooking wine has evaporated. You will have about ¼ cup liquid remaining.
- Peel shrimp and dry on paper towels. Lightly season shrimp with salt and pepper and saute in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium/high heat, just until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted water with 1 tablespoon olive oil, according to the package instructions until al dente (tender but firm to the bit). Rinse, Drain and set aside.
- Once the sauce has mostly evaporated, stir in the cream and add the shrimp. Warm through gently for 2 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve!
Then that night we were woken up at 2:12 in the morning by insanely loud pounding on our door by the Fire department. The house next door (it was abandoned) was up in flames.
^What the fire looked like before 4 firetrucks, 5 police cars, and 2 ambulances showed up^
That's been our March so far! Hopefully it calms down a little bit :)

Whoa! I have had the exact same experience. I was staying at Ted and Aubrie's and heard shouting and pounding coming closer and closer until finally someone was shouting and pounding on their door. The little kids thought it was awesome being outside with a fire truck in the middle of the night. Our flames weren't nearly as impressive though. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! I'm glad you were all safe, and that the house was fine. Housefires are scary!
Delete