Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Worst Blogger



     One upon a time I was the WORST  at keeping my blog updated. I'm so sorry! To give you a brief run down on what Clark and I have been up to...

     So this happened a while ago, I just forgot to put it on the blog, but Clark got an investment banking internship with Credit Suisse for the summer! And because he scored such an amazing internship we are.... moving to NEW YORK CITY this summer! AH!

      More recent news: 

      We had a super busy and fun Christmas break. There were two weddings in the family. Clark's older brother Spencer married the sweetest, funnest, and prettiest girl! So I got a new sister and she is AWESOME! Two days later we had another wedding, Clark's cousin Alison married her sweet-heart Tom! Both weddings were wonderful and absolutely beautiful. I now love winter weddings!
Following the weddings we went to California where we split Christmas between the families (I got a pet hamster), saw Les Mis (amazing), took trips to San Francisco and Disneyland! We also had lots of fun family time. AND Clark's sister Lauren (remember she is the one who introduced us!) was called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Omaha Nebraska Mission and to serve as a guide in the Winter Quarters visitor's center! So exciting! 
Here we are with Anne and future missionary Lauren!

San Francisco!
Us in Disneyland!


Disneyland at Christmas time is so magical!
And my best friend Brittany got engaged! She get's married May 4th!
SCAMP!!!! My new pet hamster!
      After a super fun Christmas break we headed back to BYU! We both have jobs (he is an MTC teacher and I work at the Y-Serve desk), have been enjoying classes, and have had a lot of fun as a married couple at BYU! One not so fun adventure is, because Clark got the Credit Suisse internship we will be moving (I know I already told you, just wait for the new news). And because they hire out of their summer interns, chances are after he graduates in '14 we will move to New York for a couple years. Here's the problem with that. The BYU Nursing program is 3 years long. AKA I wouldn't graduate until winter of '16. AKA Clark and I would have to live apart for at LEAST one whole year. So obviously we had a HUGE problem with that. So I had to decline my acceptance into the BYU Nursing Program (sob). BUT the silver lining is I changed my major to Public Health and now I can graduate at the exact same time as Clark! And I'll just do an accelerated nursing program when we move out to New York.  PROBLEM SOLVED! :) Anyways, here are couple more of our latest adventures:
A floral arrangement of mine!

I can make boutonnieres and corsages too!

I'm in a Floral Design Class, and I am seriously obsessed (as you have seen above).


Valentine's Dinner
Clark's lovely gifts minus one surprise...


A trip to VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Enjoying my first time in Vegas! There was so much to see!



We all loved the spring weather in Vegas. Now I'm going through warmth withdrawals.
 And these are the lovely girls I will be spending my summer in New York with! They are all such sweethearts and we had so much fun shopping, playing games (SWIRPO), exploring the strip, hiking, and becoming better friends. After our trip this weekend, I know we are going to have such a fun time in the Big Apple!

Hopefully in the future I will be better at blogging. But for now thanks for reading and tolerating my quick updates on our lives!

P.S. - is anyone good at messing with the fonts and stuff on blogs? I have tried SO many times, and every time I change it, the font switches back to the dumb swirly font. Ew. Hopefully that's just what I see. Can you tell me if you see a cute "handwritten" style font or the dumb swirly stuff? And if you're awesome at blogs, can you help me change it so I don't see the dumb swirly font? Please let me know in your comments below. Thanks!

P.P.S- If you want to hear more about our trip to Vegas/see way more (and better) pictures check out Lane's blog at: http://laneandprest.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-vegas-weekend.html. If the link doesn't work, you can also click on her blog on my sidebar under "People I love". Seriously though, look at her pics, cause they are much cuter :)

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Ellee!!! You guys are living such great lives! So sad about the Nursing Program. You're such a great example to me.

    And btw, I see a cute handwritten font. I don't know how to change it so you see it though... maybe it will fix itself?

    Love ou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy! The Nursing Program was a hard decision to make, but we will be so much better off because of it.
      And thank you for letting me know about the fonts! I should just bring all my blogging questions to you. You are an expert after all :)
      Love you too, and please give Opal and Eli big hugs for me!

      Delete
  2. Ellee,
    I love this post. I know blogger can be tough sometimes. You'll get the hang of it. :)

    Kelsey
    just2birds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your font is super cute! And I love the sparkly heart on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the super cute hand written font. :) Love this update! You are such a sweet wife to give up your nursing program so Clark can take his internship. Your Vegas pictures are making me so homesick...I could really use some of that desert warmth and sunshine right about now. You have inspired me to update my blog (I'm sooo behind). Keep the updates coming cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so happy it's working. And thank you so much Paige :) It was a tough decision to make, but we are already enjoying the blessings! And oh my goodness I bet you are, the weather was heavenly! Thank you for telling me you updated your blog... I'll just go read it now... instead of doing homework :)

      Delete
  5. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven! I'm glad you found such a happy compromise. I couldn't live apart from my sweetie for a year either. How fun to already know who will be living in NYC with you. And it was great seeing the picture of your family. They are a great bunch!

    ReplyDelete