So it's finals week at BYU! I live at the library now, and I have one more scheduled final to take tomorrow (at 7 am! How cruel!). Needless to say, I needed a little motivation to stay on track and keep studying... and as I was being unproductive on Facebook I came across this post by my friend Dana. It's hilarious. It's written to the tune of "One Day More" from Les Miserables (I am so obsessed with the music, the book, the play, and am STOKED for the movie). Please pull up this video (One Day More soundtrack): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0eRWvDu5WY and use it to sing along to my new favorite Ode to Finals week.
P.S. - Kathryn is the name of the girl who wrote this version of the song. She is my hero today.
KATHRYN
One day more!
Another day and one less night of sleep;
This never ending road through finals week.
My stress has been in rapid clime.
I seem to study all the time.
One day more!
One day more!
Another day and one less night of sleep;
This never ending road through finals week.
My stress has been in rapid clime.
I seem to study all the time.
One day more!
HONORS STUDENT
I used to have a normal home.
But now I live in the Library.
I used to have a normal home.
But now I live in the Library.
KATHRYN
One day more.
One day more.
STUDY GROUP
It’s-been days since we’ve seen a comb!
By now we must look sort of scary.
It’s-been days since we’ve seen a comb!
By now we must look sort of scary.
HONORS STUDENT
One more day all filled with strife.
One more day all filled with strife.
STUDY GROUP
Will we ever eat again?
Will we ever eat again?
HONORS STUDENT
One more day without a shower!
One more day without a shower!
STUDY GROUP
I wish we had some normal food.
I wish we had some normal food.
HONORS STUDENT
I might have had a social life.
I might have had a social life.
STUDY GROUP
Instead of Ramen to be stewed.
Instead of Ramen to be stewed.
HONORS STUDENT
But I had to take AmHer!
But I had to take AmHer!
(da, dah, da, dah, da, dah, DA DAH!)
TEACHER’S PET
One more day before my test!
One more day before my test!
WORRIED STUDENT
Do I withdraw when I can?
Do I withdraw when I can?
TEACHER’S PET
And I cannot wait to “Ace” it.
And I cannot wait to “Ace” it.
WORRIED STUDENT
Shall I join my classmates there?
Shall I join my classmates there?
TEACHER’S PET
We’ll have a party in my dorm.
We’ll have a party in my dorm.
WORRIED STUDENT
Will I pass or will I fail?
Will I pass or will I fail?
TEACHER’S PET
They’ll post my score on the marquee.
They’ll post my score on the marquee.
ROOM MATES
It’s getting late, let’s go to bed!
It’s getting late, let’s go to bed!
KATHRYN
One day more!
One day more!
EVIL PROFESSOR
One more day until the exam,
Then we’ll see what we shall see!
There’s no ho-ope for my schoolboys,
They’ll nev’r find the answer key!
One more day until the exam,
Then we’ll see what we shall see!
There’s no ho-ope for my schoolboys,
They’ll nev’r find the answer key!
KATHRYN
One day more!
One day more!
TEST PROCTOR
Study for the test,
Study ‘till you fall,
You can do your best,
and still fail after all.
Here’s a little 'D'
And an ‘F’ for you
Most of you are failures
So it’s nothing new!
Study for the test,
Study ‘till you fall,
You can do your best,and still fail after all.
Here’s a little 'D'
And an ‘F’ for you
Most of you are failures
So it’s nothing new!
BYU STUDENTS (2 Groups)
1. One day 'til our long Christmas break
1. One day 'til our long Christmas break
2: Get the car ready to drive!
1: Everyone will get some sleep
2: Everyone will get some sleep!
1: Our final papers? they are printing
2: Then all our schoolwork will be done
ALL
Our final grade we then shall see!
Our final grade we then shall see!
WORRIED STUDENT
I’ve studied hard, I cannot bail!
I’ve studied hard, I cannot bail!
KATHRYN
One day more!
One day more!
STUDY GROUP (overlapping)
We used to have a normal home.
We used to have a normal home.
HONORS STUDENT (overlapping)
One more day all filled with strife!
One more day all filled with strife!
STUDY GROUP (overlapping)
But now we live in the Library.
But now we live in the Library.
EVIL PROFESSOR (overlapping)
I’ll give half my students zero’s
Despite the things they know
Then they’ll beg me “please” to curve it,
“To bad” that’s how life goes.
I’ll give half my students zero’s
Despite the things they know
Then they’ll beg me “please” to curve it,
“To bad” that’s how life goes.
KATHRYN (overlapping)
One day more!
One day more!
STUDY GROUP (overlapping)
It’s-been days since we’ve seen a comb!
It’s-been days since we’ve seen a comb!
HONORS STUDENT (overlapping)
I might have had a social life!
I might have had a social life!
STUDY GROUP (overlapping)
By now we must look sort of scary.
By now we must look sort of scary.
EVIL PROFESSOR (overlapping)
One more day until the exam,
Then we’ll see what we shall see!
There’s no ho-ope for my schoolboys,
One more day until the exam,
Then we’ll see what we shall see!
There’s no ho-ope for my schoolboys,
TEST PROCTOR (overlapping)
Study for the test,
Study ‘till you fall,
You can do your best,
And still fail after all.
Study for the test,
Study ‘till you fall,
You can do your best,
And still fail after all.
KATHRYN
This is not the time for play
Tomorrow is our Finals day
This is not the time for play
Tomorrow is our Finals day
ALL
Next week we'll have discovered
What our true transcripts have in store!
One more day
Left to cram
One day more!
Next week we'll have discovered
What our true transcripts have in store!
One more day
Left to cram
One day more!

That was awesome Ellee, haha I actually went through the whole song singing it :)
ReplyDeleteBrooke! I am so glad you did! Doesn't it remind you of the fun lyrics and songs the aunts come up with for the Pinegar family wedding musicals? It made me so excited for Spencer's and Alison's weddings!
DeleteEllee - I found your page and went here and laughed all the way through - after I closed my office door and sang at the top of my lungs! I am excited for you to see the movie on Christmas Day!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you did! Didn't it just put you in the best mood too? We should all sing it together as we wait in line for Les Mis on Christmas!
DeleteIt was perfect! Maybe we'll sing it while we're waiting to get in to Les Mis too! Glad you're done Ellee.
ReplyDelete