Anyways, my parents came to town for BYU Homecoming. I was so happy they came out for the weekend, cause it had felt like so long since we last saw them. The fun started Friday afternoon, when we went out to lunch at one of our Provo favorites - Guru's (we went out to eat a lot this weekend, cause who doesn't love good food?). After lunch we surprised Emily. She has been living the true college freshman life - aka she gets no sleep/has the weirdest sleeping patterns. So we woke her up and surprised her! It was so sweet to see her and David be reunited cause they have such a fun relationship.
While they were off having fun I had to work (LAME. I have work from 2-5 every day. But I don't have class friday. So work on Fridays = the worst). After work, we went off to Station 22. Station 22 had been highly recommended to us, and I have to say, it was pretty incredible. Initially I ordered a shrimp and grits dish - I didn't like it, and I'm a pretty adventurous eater. The texture was kind of weird... but oh my gosh, they let me reorder, and I got a Golden State Burger. AMAZING! And their sweet potato wedges were incredible. Clark got their tomato basil soup/grilled cheese. It was the best. I am so so happy we went. Plus it has a really cool vibe/decorating style.
After the Spectacular we went to a new dessert place called La Choc'late Mousse. They have all sorts of pie fillings and crusts and you can basically build your own pie in a jar! So tasty! I will say, it's a teensy bit overpriced. But definitely work trying!
Saturday began with a midterm. Ok, just a side note, I love multiple choice tests. The test I took Saturday made me grateful for professors who use multiple choice/matching/true false. This test was not like that. 30 questions free response. Each question had 5 different parts to cover. It was very specific. And very hard. And the worst part is I don't get to know my score for another 2 weeks!!!
Anyways, after my test we got Sammy's pie shakes for lunch (yum), went shopping at Cherry Lane Boutique (I got a super cute pumpkin!), and went to the BYU football game! Before the BYU game started we got to use the Peterson's season pass card to attend a pre-game meeting in the Cougar Club. We got to hear from Georgia Tech's athletic director, as well as some BYU football alumni. It was pretty cool!
Now the game itself was awesome. It had everything it needed to be super exciting. We had great seats, the Cougs were playing really well, we had some quarterback sacks, and we won!!!! I loved it. It was especially fun to watch my Dad and David get really amped up about the game. For those of you who don't know, my Dad played football for BYU and it's David's dream to do the same. And David's well on his way to becoming a great runningback/linebacker. Plus add Clark (crazy competitive, played high school football) and we had some great entertainment anytime something good or bad happened.
^David was in Heaven. He basically worships BYU football players^
We drove up to Park City after the game. It is just beautiful up there. I think the thing I'll miss most about Utah is it's fall leaves. And I'm sure I'm in for a beautiful surprise with the East coast's fall colors. But there is something special about Utah's snowcapped mountains especially when they are covered in fall colors. Anyways, we went on a color drive through Park City and Sundance. Then we went to the Cannon Center with Emily, and played games at my apartment. It was such a fun weekend. And I miss my family so much already. Anyways, here are some gorgeous pictures of Utah's fall colors.
^Sundance^
^My siblings are crazy. But I love them^






Love the pun. Puns are my fav. Such a fun weekend! Love Utah in the fall...AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for appreciating my goofiness Paige :)
DeleteWe love station 22!
ReplyDeleteIt's so good! What's your favorite dish there? And did you try any of their specialty sodas? Clark and I fell in love with their sweet potato wedges...
DeleteWe should do a date night there sometime!
Looks like a great weekend! Those pics are GORGEOUS. We need to make it up to one of the canyons before the snow hits. Glad you enjoyed Homecoming Spectacular! :)
ReplyDeleteWhitney- I totally pointed you out to my family! You did a great job! And I thought you had the prettiest princess dress :)
DeleteAnd yes - please go up the canyon! It's so worth the drive, I promise!
Build your own pie! What an interesting idea. I'm all about pie in any shape. What a fabulous weekend with your family!
ReplyDeleteInteresting is a good way to describe it. I think I prefer traditional pies, but it was a tasty experiment/experience! I loved my weekend with family. And I am looking forward to Amy's wedding weekend! :)
Delete