Monday, October 21, 2013

Whirlwind Weekend

Clark and I don't have classes on Fridays. Which is amazing, but somehow our weekend still flew by faster than anything.

Thursday evening has become somewhat of a "friday night" for us. Clark had an intramural football game (his team one, and Clark made 3 touch downs!). After his intramural football game we went to DI to get our Halloween Costumes... I'm not going to lie, I'm very excited about our Halloween costumes this year! After DI we went to the good old dollar theater to see Monster's University. I think one of the things I'll miss most about Provo is cheap entertainment! Unfortunately there are no dollar movie theaters I know of in NYC...

Friday went by super fast for me because I worked a double shift at work, and Clark had a huge work meeting all day. But we still had fun Friday evening! I went over to Ashley's adorable apartment and we made pumpkin bread! It was so delicious, I forgot to take a picture of it. But here's the easy-peasy recipe:

     1 15oz can of Libby's Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
     1 box of Spice Cake Mix
     Chocolate chips
         Mix them all together, and then bake it for about 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

We also watched "When in Rome" which is super cheesy... but I loved it anyways. Especially because it showed NYC and Rome!

Saturday was by far the busiest. Saturday started at 8am with the BYU Women's Services and Resources Voices for Courage 5k! It was really fun! It was just a quick run around campus, but it was for a great cause. The run was to raise awareness against all forms of abuse. And yes - it was freezing out!



After our awesome 5k, I helped Jani host an "Amazing Race" on BYU campus for her sister-in-law's group date. It was super fun to hand out clues, hints, and take pictures of those kids. And Jani did such a phenomenal job planning the event! Once the race was over, we cleaned up and made our way up to Salt Lake City. On our way up we listened to the BYU vs. Houston game (of course). While in Salt Lake, we met up with our friends Nate and Liz to attend a live temple session! I hadn't attended a live session in a while, so it was nice to feel that special spirit again. I feel so blessed to have so many temples nearby - Clark and I need to take advantage of that! After our temple session we had a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and made our way back to Provo. So fun! I'm so happy to have such wonderful friends! On Sunday we had even more wonderful friend time when Brittany came over for Sunday dinner!! It was great to catch up with her again too :)

Moral of the story - we had a super fun weekend that ended much to quickly. We already can't wait for the next one!

P.S.- Pictures of our Temple Date night!

^Our handsome men^

^Crazy ladies^


^The Crawleys^

^The Petersons^

^The Gardners^

^The Date Night group!^

3 comments:

  1. I love weekends that are busy with fun things! At the end of them I can happily say, "Bring on the week!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your cute blog, ellee! you & clark win cutest couple aware :)

    ReplyDelete