Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Goodbye Fall and Hello Winter

It snowed outside. It was magical watching the big fluffy flakes slowly spiral down from the clouds. It made me happy and sad. Happy because snow means Christmas is on its way. Sad because the first snow means the end of fall. No more crunchy colorful leaves. No more slightly crisp mornings- they'll just be brisk from here on out. It's hard to say goodbye to fall; after all, it is my favorite season. But for us, fall certainly went out with a bang! 

In Utah Halloween usually ends up being the last "fall" holiday (in California, that'd be Thanksgiving). And you all know how much I love Halloween. I love dressing up, I love trick-or-treating (with my little siblings of course), I love candy, I love carving pumpkins. And I love Halloween costume parties. So naturally Jani and I threw a HUGE Halloween party up in Midway. I think we'll make it a tradition. 
I'll let the pictures of our evening speak for themselves (mostly - there will be some commentary): 



The Couples Costumes


^A chef and his fried egg masterpiece^

^A modern Halloween costume: #scary^

^Bank robbers!^

^A Sheriff and Indian chief!^ 

^Blackmail^

^Shaggy, Scooby (the scooter), and Velma!^

^Kingsley and Bellatrix^

^Scooby Doo and the gang!^


^Daphne and Fred^

^An Indian and Obama^

^Deer and a Hunter^

Some of the food!





The Costume Contest










And the winners were: 


^ Lane and Preston: Funniest. Morgan and Adam: Most Creative. Nate and Liz: Best Overall^



^Cookie Decorating Contest^



^Lane and Ben won!^


I'd have to say the Doughnut eating contest was probably the funniest part of the evening. We had the guys race in two heats - Clark won out of the first group, and Brian won in the second group. So for the tie breaker round, it was a couples eating contest! Each couple (Clark and I/Brian and Lauren) had to finish their two doughnuts the fastest to win! 











^Lauren and Brian Won!^





The Halloween party was such a success! A special shout out to Jani for planning and prepping everything with me. Thank you to everyone who helped decorate, brought food, and just made the evening so fun. It was the best! And thank you to Mani for helping take some of these great photos (trust me- all the best pictures are from Mani, she is an incredible photographer! Check out her photography blog under "people I love". It's called Emmanuelle's Photography!)


On Friday Clark's family came into town for Amy and Jeff's wedding! Their wedding was up in Logan, and I was a little nervous that it would be freezing cold and miserable that far north. But it was an absolutely mild and gorgeous fall day! I had never been to Logan before, but it was so cute. I love the sweet town, and how beautifully rustic it is. Especially with the mountains! I loved it. And Amy's wedding was so adorable. Her fall colors were absolutely perfect. And it was so fun to meet the rest of the Maxwell cousins! Overall, it was a super happy and fun day. Congratulations to the happy couple! 



^look at her gorgeous dress/those flowers! She wore Grandma Win's dress and veil!^



^her darling decorations!^

^Congratulations Amy and Jeff!^

5 comments:

  1. You have such a cute blog! It was fun seeing you today and meeting your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I'm so glad we ran into you too! :)

      Delete
  2. First of all, please tell me how you made your blog so cute!! I don't know how to do anything like this and I love it!

    Second, I wish so bad we lived in Utah so we could hang out and we could have come to this adorable Halloween party! It's still so crazy to see Justin Hales in all your pictures...love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I've recently been trying out a couple online photo editing websites. They're fun! And Mindy helped make the picture on the right, she is so talented! And yes yes yes! I wish we lived in the same state :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun weekend with friends and family! Your Halloween party was amazing and being able to spend the day with you and the rest of the Peterson clan in Logan made me so happy. And thanks for the Mani shout out. She is awesome!

    ReplyDelete