Saturday, May 17, 2014

An Extra Week in UT! (waiting to meet little Rose)

This post is a little overdue because it has been very nice to relax all day for the past week or so! Finally being out in CA feels so good, but our last extra week in Utah really was amazing. And now I'll finally tell you about it :)

^One of the items on my "BYU Bucket list" was to hike the Y with Clark! We had both hiked it previously, but had never gone together. I'm so glad we did, we had perfect weather too!^

^Shelley was a doll and joined us for the hike and the subsequent apartment cleaning afterwards. Thanks Shelley!^


^This was a terrifying picture to take. I'm a little afraid of heights, so standing backward on the Y really freaked me out. But I'll admit, getting the view behind was totally worth it^


^We FINALLY checked out of our little apartment on Tuesday, after 10+ hours of cleaning... It was pretty bittersweet to leave our first home. I hope we love our home in NY even more!^

^Saying goodbye to Inca Villa #8!^

So we were supposed to leave for CA wednesday morning, the day after checking out of our apartment. But we had a problem. Spencer and Mckenna were expecting our newest niece/nephew (we didn't know the gender!) to arrive at any time, and Clark and I weren't sure if we'd get to see this newest Peterson baby anytime soon. On our drive out, after making it to Salt Lake, we just had to turn around! We decided to stay until the baby was born so we could meet our new little Peterson! And I am so happy we did, we totally surprised Shelley, and then surprised Spencer and Mckenna by showing up at their house!

^After us deciding to stay! We played a lot of games, ate a ton of good food, and had a ton of fun!^

^The next day we met Kaytee and Kendall in SLC for brunch at The Blue Plate Diner (yum!). Since we were in SLC already we decided to check out the Tracy Aviary. (This was also a perfect distraction so we wouldn't be total pests to Spencer and Mckenna with our need for constant baby updates). And we just so happened to arrive in time for their bird show. It was pretty cool!! They had all sorts of birds come out and fly over the audience/jump onto perches.^

^Then we walked around the different enclosures. This giant condor was a pretty impressive sight!^

^Cool and creepy!^



^These cute little ducks were a part of the Argentinian bird exhibit! I thought they were too cute!^


^This friendly little guy kept thinking I would feed him :) ^

^My favorite at the aviary^ 

^Following our trip to the aviary, Clark and I saw Divergent (excellent movie and book series!), and then hung out with Spencer and Mckenna. Then we made our way back up the mountain to Midway (our temporary home for the week). Such an awesome day!^ 

^Since we were in town for a couple extra days, and because our boys have an insatiable love of golfing, I got to go out with a couple of my girlfriends before leaving UT! Jani and I had a super fun afternoon together on Thursday (wish we snagged a pic!) and then on Saturday, Lauren and I hit up Park City!^

^AH! We even got to see a Banksy!^

^We got a random tourist to snap this quick shot for us. And I love this picture! Thank you Random Tourist! ^

Finally Mother's Day came. We enjoyed sacrament meeting up in Midway, constantly checking for baby updates... Then around 1 we got a text, saying Mckenna was ready to have the baby!!!! So we sped down the canyon to meet the sweetest Mother's day present ever! 

^When we were admitted to the Nursery we were thrilled to see baby and Daddy ready to greet us!^

^Baby Peterson getting her first bath!^

^Sweet baby girl with her proud papa!^

^Already her favorite aunt and uncle ;) ^

^And as if just meeting this sweet new baby girl wasn't enough fun, we got to Skype Sister Lauren Peterson and introduce her to baby Peterson as well! Here Mckenna is showing off Baby Rose to the whole family!^ 

^Darling mom and her sweet little girl!^

^Mckenna and Rose are both beautiful!^

^I love how much the Peterson's love to laugh together!^

^Just call me Auntie Ellee. I still don't know how I was convinced to put that angel baby down!^


^Uncle Clark loves her a lot too... and is a little bit baby hungry!^

^AH! Cutest little squish ever!^




^Mckenna and Spencer are already such sweet parents!^

^And this little Rose already has her daddy wrapped around her finger!^

^Snuggly little baby^

^Little Rose Madelynn Peterson... you were more than worth the wait! Welcome to the world!!! ^ 

3 comments:

  1. Oh that baby is SOOOO cute!!! I need to go see her asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally do! And take lots of pictures!

      Delete
  2. Excellent choice to turn around and go back! What a wonderful experience to be right there after Rose was born, and to be able to Skype with Lauren. Fabulous family times!

    ReplyDelete