We had so much fun on the beach, and were so happy we got to spend another day exploring the coast. First we went to the Natural Arches Park outside of Santa Cruz. One really neat draw to this park is it's where all the monarch butterflies go for winter! I was bummed cause I couldn't get a good picture of them (don't have a strong enough zoom yet!), but it really was incredible. You would look up into the eucalyptus trees and think you were looking at a huge bunch of dry leaves, and then the leaves would flutter and turn bright orange! It was gorgeous. My pictures really do not do the butterflies justice... So I'm not including one....
After checking out the butterflies, we walked down to the beach to see the natural arch and tide pools. Both were incredible! We had so much fun tromping along the coast, finding new little creatures, and running away from the waves. Then we went to Capitola and had even more fun walking along the beach, playing football, and chasing birds. Check it out!
^There was an "E" in the sky!!^
^See the "E"?^
Looks like you guys had so much fun! Cute!!
ReplyDeleteWe did! Thanks so much Camilla! I'm excited to see the rest of your Thanksgiving break too :)
DeleteYour camera is so awesome, these pictures are way cool!! You're such a great photographer!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Britters! I love and miss you so much!
DeleteSo cute, Ellee!
ReplyDeleteThanks Claire! Just fyi - took all of these with my Nikon! You're going to love having one :)
Delete